15.8.06

Crossing Over

I don't usually publish posts this close together, but I thought I would explain something that I mentioned in a previous post about crossing over.

An artist who "crosses over" is a Christian artist who performs music that is more palatable to the unbeliever in an attempt to reach the lost. Many bands have done this, and though they may be successful as a music group, their message is too often watered down. They often begin to dress and act like the world and as a result, their witness for Christ is very small.

Jesus didn't tell us to act like the world in order to bring in the harvest. It is signs, wonders, and miracles that will attract people, not long hair and earrings. I'm not saying that long hair and earrings are necessarily wrong, but they are worldly and should be avoided. To be different from the world by living a clean, holy lifestyle will be a far better witness than trying to imitate the any popular secular performer.

To read another great blog on this subject, go to http://wordpress.christiansongwriters.org


Heaven, heaven help me,
I'm one of the dominoes
From the song "One of the Dominoes" by Mark Heard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home