10.9.06

An Example

So, how'd your note-taking go? Get stuck? That's OK. It takes practice.

Maybe an example would be helpful. I'll use my song "Holy" to illustrate what kind of things you need to write down. Here are the lyrics:

I saw a mighty ocean roar with pounding waves
The singing of Your people giving You high praise
They cast their crowns before You,
Kneeling with their hands upraised
Knowing You are worty to open up the scoll
I bow my knee before You as I see Your work unfold
All of heaven trembles
When they see Your awesome pow'r untold

Holy Holy
The whole earth is filled with Your glory
Honor, Power
Casting down our crowns before thee
Cast them down before thee


This is a praise and worship song, so I would write "Praise and Worship" at the top of my page.
That done, I could write a paragraph about what I want the song to talk about. It could look something like this:

"I want this song to be based on the book of Revelation. Revelation 5:9 explaines how Jesus Christ is worthy to open the seals on the book of judgement. Revelaion 4:6 tells of the sea of glass that surrounds the throne of God, and verse 8 proclaimes the holiness of God, as it is sung by the four living creatures. I want this song to be about how holy and awesome God is, as if I were standing before his throne in heaven."

Now, some key words in this song would be "holy," "scroll," "throne," and "crown." I could also put a key line in, such as "Holy, Holy. The whole earth is filled with Your glory," or "You are worthy to receive honor and power." The key words or lines may not end up in your finished song, but it at least gives you some ideas.

Did that help? Now see what you can do.

Tim Heider

1 Comments:

Blogger You're a Princess said...

Great refresher!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home